Have you ever experienced a Raindrop Massage?
I have received and given many. Even our pets can benefit from a modified Raindrop!
The Raindrop is a light massage but the oils give depth and power to that gentleness. It’s really one of my favorite ways to relax and care for my nervous system and immune system simultaneously.
There are several types of Raindrop
- The traditional Raindrop Technique will leave you scented like pizza! (oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram, wintergreen, cypress, peppermint, aroma siez, valor, white angelica…). Only a few drops of each are used and each one affects the body and the brain uniquely. Highly recommended for relaxation, pain relief, better sleep, immune strengthening and stress release.
- The Emotion Raindrop using Young Living blends formulated to assist and facilitate deep emotional release and cleansing. (Valor, Release, Present Time, Inner Child, Harmony, Forgiveness) A gentle but powerful process, especially when dealing with things that have been buried for a long time. We address years of habitual programming, layers of conditioning, blocks created by our own grief, anxiety, fears, regrets, desires, sadness, disappointments or traumas. What are you facing right now? We choose oils specifically for that.
- The Intuitive Raindrop allows us to choose the perfect oils for your Raindrop session. The choosing of the oils is an exploratory and intuitively informed process. Sessions can be profound as the oils we choose together are chosen specifically for you. This is a completely customized Raindrop session dependent on what you wish to address that day. Learn to use your intuition for choosing the right oils for yourself.
The Raindrop Massage was created by Gary Young, based on his research of essential oils and their antimicrobial properties, incorporating the Vita Flex technique and its reflex points on the feet.
While visiting the Lakota people, he learned about the historical migration across the Canadian/US border where the Lakota people would receive healing energy when the air was charged with the colors of the Aurora Borealis.
They would inhale this energy, allowing it to pass through their spine to afflicted areas of the body. Many experienced dramatic healing effects through this practice.
Sadly, the Lakota people lost their freedom to travel across the borders and they began to practise this energy process mentally, accompanied with light stroking on the body to facilitate the spreading of energy through the body.
Gary discovered that the synergy of the feather-light stroking over the body, combined with the therapeutic power of essential oils and Vita Flex on the feet, created even deeper healing effects.
The Raindrop Technique uses a sequence of highly antimicrobial essential oils dropped onto the back of the recipient. The drops are dropped from above like rain along the spine.
Each step of the process incorporates a different massage technique and a different oil.
Up to ten (10) oils are used in the traditional Raindrop, with varying light motions, deeper massage and gentle rubbing along the spine and the feet.
At least 6 oils are used in the Emotion Raindrop and 6-10 in the Intuitive Raindrop.
Treatments can be completed within an hour. The relaxing, healing and immune boosting effects may last for days.
- stress release
- emotional support
- relief of body aches and pains
- balancing for the mind and emotions
- sleep more soundly with deeper release
When to have a Raindrop?
- one session to balance and relax the body
- once a week for emotional support
- once a month for immune support
- once a season for continued health
I discovered Lavender is AMAZING for soothing and healing bug bites.
I’m one of those people who really suffers when bitten.
Let’s take mosquito bites…
When I am bitten, the bite usually gets infected and I itch (and scratch) for 3 months ending it all with a scar for up to 6 months.
In May of 2017 I discovered Young Living’s Lavender is super effective at healing bug bites.
It’s one of the reasons I love YL’s oils so much.
Now when I get any kind of bug bite, I put a drop of undiluted lavender on.
The itch is soothed immediately and with repeated applications, all remnants of that bite are gone within a week.
For me…that’s almost miraculous!
Non-toxic to you and your enviroment AND effectively repellent to bugs)
Thanks to Alysha (a member in our Facebook group) for this amazing recipe. She created a spray-on mosquito repellent to use on her little boy, her husband and some friends.
Alysha’s story below!
We went for a hike in one of the most gorgeous places I’ve ever been to, Ricketts Glen (Pennsylvania). It’s got waterfalls galore.
But at the bottom of the trail, before you hit the falls, is just filled with pesky mosquitos!!
I had to QUICKLY make a DIY mosquito repellent, so I grabbed a spray bottle, put some water in and added:
Eucalyptus Globulus EO
Out of the 4 of us hiking, we had ONE mosquito! All while we watched the people around us swatting and complainin.
Alysha and I use Young Living Essential Oils and while I know there are many lovely brands, Young Living is the only one that so far has not given me headaches or made my body react negatively in some way. I encourage you to try Young Living oils if you have not had a chance.
Try a sample!
I’m happy to mix a sample Alysha’s repellent and pop it in the mail for you to try.
Seasonal Affective Disorder
There are biological and emotional causes for seasonal affective disorder. Reduced sunlight can affect our biological circadian rhythm and a neurotransmitter (serotonin) decreases. Serotonin is responsible for our emotional well-being.
Light therapy, anti-depressants and vitamin D are well-known treatments for SAD and are thought to affect serotonin. Aromatherapy is becoming popular as a treatment now because of its effectiveness and ease of treatment.
EOs can uplift, energize and calm our mood during the long winter months and can dramatically help ease the effects of SAD.
Even though spring is coming, February, March & April are still very cold and summer can feel far away! Symptoms of SAD can affect day-to-day living for those who struggle with it. Essential oils can make a huge difference.
Symptoms of SAD may include:
- low energy
- sleeping problems
- weight gain
- depressed immune system
- change in appetite
- having a hard time concentrating
- losing interest in activities you typically enjoy
My top 10 oils to support someone suffering with SAD
Try choosing a few from the list + blending them together.
For example: bergamot, orange, neroli, patchouli + cardamom
Put a few drops of your own blend into your diffuser daily.
Make your own rollerball
Put 10-15 drops into a 10 ml rollerball and add a carrier oil like jojoba oil.
Roll on your wrists, your heart + back of your neck thorughout the day
There are blends already created by Young Living that include some of these ingredients and while not created specifically for SAD, I believe would be very helpful to them.
- Inner Child
If you are suffering with SAD or a mood disorder, it’s possible I can help you find relief, either through aromatherapy, AFT or Intuitive Energy Massage + Intuitive Counselling.
I’d love to speak more with you. Book a session or free consult today.