As a child I constantly heard that I was too sensitive and people were frustrated with me because I was emotional. Sometimes I used to wonder why I was the only one crying and why other people weren’t crying!
Didn’t they feel the pain of the situation that was bringing me to tears?
Now I know, they did not feel what I felt. It wasn’t until I was an adult and took myself for years of counselling that I discovered I had a natural ability to carry other people’s burdens. I learned phrases like “empath” and “burden-bearer”. They may momentarily feel empathy for whatever the situation was, but they don’t actually take the feeling home with them, they don’t identify with it and struggle to find their own center again.
Are you a burden-bearer?
If you feel like you are carrying burdens, you are.
- News stories may affect you in such a way that you just can’t shake the feelings from them. If you’ve been exposed to negative stories, they seem to linger and affect your mood. It’s not as easy for you to shake those moods. You likely avoid the news and don’t watch TV much. As a child I was sometimes told to watch the news because it was important to be up to date on current events. My poor mom had NO IDEA what this did to me until one day she noticed that I was standing watching a story about someone having died in an accident and tears were streaming down my face. I was maybe 6 or 7 years old. Thankfully, that was the last time I had to watch the news. I do not watch the news to this day.
- You suddenly are feeling really strong emotions about a person, a topic or something and it almost seems as if these are not even your opinions or feelings. It might even feel like something has taken over inside you. You might be asking yourself, “Why did I say that? Why am I feeling that? I don’t know I felt that…” It feels like it’s just not yours and sometimes you wonder “Am I THAT permeable???” (Yes, you are but it’s actually pretty easy to shift this…ask me how.)
- People are always telling you you’re too sensitive or to toughen up. I certainly heard that one a lot growing up. (…also…”crybaby” was my nickname for a few years)
- You’re a pretty good listener and people seem to tell you their troubles all the time. In fact, you frequently find yourself having phone conversations where you never actually speak after “hello”. The other person talks until they stop and feel better. Unless you have the energetic skills built to withstand this, you usually leave the conversation quite deflated and tired.
- You may attract people who really suck your energy and you are not sure what to do about it. Some people refer to this as “energy vampires” but I was always afraid of vampires as a child so I don’t use that term. I’ve learned many ways to feel great even when I can’t remove that person from my life. I can teach you how to do this too!
- It feels like people are subconsciously picking up on how goodnatured you are and sometimes when you walk into a room you feel as though you’ve stepped into a thick soup. Almost as though your primal fight/flight/freeze/faint response has kicked in. If people are stressed, you seem to feel stressed and don’t know quite how it happened. If people are angry or frustrated, and you weren’t before you walked into the room, you feel off balance and have this urge to hide in the bathroom or something. It may take time before you even become aware that all those feelings are NOT YOURS. They’ve stuck to you like a burr in the forest.
It’s actually not that hard to find your center and stay there. The hard part is remembering those negative feelings are JUST NOT YOU. It’s not your fault and it’s a beautiful sign that your boundaries are being tested. You can master this, by the way! There are nurturing ways to care for your gifts (yes, being an empath is a gift and not a curse) and it just takes practice.
AFT is a step-by-step process using essential oils to trigger a permanent shift in how we experience ourselves and the world.
AFT is a tool for clearing traumatic memory. AFT is a tool for clearing blocks, negative memories and stressful memories. You do not have to believe in the process for it to work and be effective.
Introducing the aroma of specific essential oils at the right point in the process of recall can break apart this memory complex and thereby restructure the implicit learning connected with the memory. Results are consistent with the most recent research on Memory Reconsolidation.
How does it work? We use beautiful, healing essential oils as part of the healing process because essential oils affect the memory centers of the brain extremely quickly.
Memories that are stressful or traumatic are stored based on the feeling of the event, not on the details of the event. The memory is stored as a complex of images/thoughts/feelings/body sensations. Our emotional learning is based on this memory complex. When specific essential oils are used at the right point in the process of recall, they can break apart a memory complex and restructure your connection with the memory.
Our conscious mind makes assumptions. Our conscious mind assumes that the memory creating stress or trauma is the one we consciously present. This isn’t always the case. With AFT we allow the unconscious mind to access our memories and present us with the events we may have forgotten or have not connected with our current concern.
AFT is an amazing tool to use as part of intuitive counselling. We honor what arises in each session regardless of what it is. Sometimes the events that are recalled seem unrelated but it’s the energetic imprint of that event we are healing.
In the last couple of years, I became a mom to a little girl who’s birth mom passed away from cancer.
When the responsibility for this beautiful little girl’s health and well-being became my everyday reality, I was highly motivated to revisit all the choices I’d previously made around cleaning products and self care products to ensure I was creating a healthy home for my daughter, her father and I and all our pets.
I didn’t know at the time I purchased my essential oils starter kit, that Young Living had created an entire world of nourishing, healthy, life-giving products for literally every part of your life. Cleaning products, make up, nutritional supplements, baby care, personal + beauty care all infused with essential oils and created without the terrible ingredients we are all trying to avoid in our modern times.
In 2017 I decided to try building my own essential oils business.
I have watched other women create vibrant oil businesses, making money, working on their own schedules and creating a residual income for themselves and their families.
I’m so glad I decided to try! I discovered I love the social connection with others and sharing ways I use these oils helps other families create cleaner, greener homes and happier, healthier bodies, minds and spirits.
My essential oil business is growing everyday. If creating additional monthly income feels interesting to you and you have questions about how to get started, please contact me. I would be so very happy to share my journey with you.
I had NO intention of starting (another) business when I purchased my first essential oils starter kit, but I did. I loved the oils so much, I could not stop talking about them and how much beauty and vibrance and honestly…relief…they were bringing into my life.
I share within my community circles because it feels like a disservice to NOT share. My social circle is growing because of my work with Young Living and I have a community of new friends who love the oils as much as I do.
Dear Beautiful Friend,
I have had this creation living in my mind since 2013.
It’s called Inspirata and it’s a collective of women who create purpose in their lives and prosperity in their work through staying super-connected to spirit.
This spiritual foundation, our connection with our innermost self and our connection with our eternal self, is actually THE thing that feels most important to us.
It’s our sanctuary. It’s the nest we seek to replenish and find solace.
It’s what allows us to thrive as we serve our clients, our patients, our students, our customers, our families and our friends.
I let go of my Inspirata idea when my life changed and I found myself single (again) living on my own, navigating a divorce and trying to figure out how my life was going to work.
All my energies went into survival.
I don’t know that it was the right move, to be honest, putting all my energies into survival instead of creativity. Maybe if I’d continued on with my creative ideas then, that whole transition might have been a little easier on me. Maybe not.
What I do know is that I have many more skills and inner resources now because of that transition time. As you know, I’ve used essential oils as part of the last bit of my emotional recovery this last year. This gathering is not about the oils though.
This is about our spirits, desires, plans and lives having more power and impact when we create (at least in part) as a collective.
During January 2018’s super-blue-blood-lunar-eclipse I felt a huge surge of energy to bring people together. It kind of took over actually…to the point that I found myself on Vistaprint making invites and cards for this and not knowing how to actually get it all going with dates and place and what I would offer to you exactly.
Because the surge of energy was so purposeful, I didn’t want to not do it.
I really wanted to DO it. So I did it.
And it was beautiful!
Now…I’m inviting you to be part of the next Inspirata Collective gathering.
I envisioned these circles as a kind of celebration. Together we create space to create clarity in some area of our lives or business.
Relaxed, supportive, gentle gatherings with the potential for healing and understanding. Experiences that uplift your sense of self, support prosperity and nurture a sense of thriving in life.
Our first gathering was during the full moon in March on Friday, March 2 at my home in the afternoon. The full moon considered a cosmically impactful time to release that which you no longer need.
These gatherings are not yet regular but if you’d like to be included in the next one, please let me know.
I would love to see you here.