I’ve had several conversations in the last few weeks where the person I’m speaking to is having an emotional struggle. I listen.
And at some point say, “You know, maybe tapping would be good for this…or a forgiveness tool…or a nap.”
In every case the other person has said, “I always forget what to do when I’m upset.”
When we are having emotional crises, our brains move into survival mode and we can become immobilized and choose actions that might not serve us well or really are just fight or flight type responses.
If I forget how to choose peace…here are some reminders…
- Breathe intentionally
- Drink water
- Use EFT (tapping). If you are talking about a trauma or something that you are upset about TAP while you talk. Even if you are talking to yourself. TAP while you think. If you are talking to a friend, TAP while you talk.
- If you can not stop crying go into the shower and TAP while you cry in there.
- Go outside + breathe the fresh air.
- Take a nap.
- If you can’t meditate, close your eyes + listen to some Baroque music for 10 minutes. Baroque music is usually played at a tempo that slow the brain down and levels your breathing.
- Put your hand on your heart and say, “I know I need to forgive somebody for something right now. I’ll do it later.”
- Buy and use Rescue Remedy!